We follow the philosophy of harm reduction, which acknowledges that some drug use will occur, and aims to reduce the impact of substance use and harm to individuals, families, and communities, and to help keep people who inject drugs alive and well.
Harm reduction approaches are highly effective in reducing the spread of blood borne viruses such as HIV and Hepatitis C.
Our Health Works program supports the health and wellbeing of people who inject drugs by providing them with medical and general health care, safer using equipment, and education.
Health Works offers specialist care for people who inject drugs:
- Injecting equipment via Needle Syringe programs at Health Works in Buckley Street Footscray and the Braybrook Community Health Centre
- Information on safer using & safer sex
- Drop-in medical and general health care
- HIV and Hepatitis testing and treatment
- Sexual health testing and treatment
- Education to the wider community about injecting drug use
Call Health Works 9362 8100 to find out more.Locations Health Works 4-12 Buckley Street, Footscray VIC 3011 Phone: 9362 8100 Fax: 9362 8180 Needle Syringe Program Braybrook Community Centre 107-139 Churchill Avenue, Braybrook, 3019
Phone: 9334 6699 Postal Address 215 Nicholson Street, Footscray VIC 3011